Monday, February 23, 2009

The Waiting Game

It has been so long since I've done anything on here, probably for a number of reasons... top of the list would be Law School Applications, 11 total. Second would have to be my band. We're practicing/writing/playing out a lot now.

Too many updates to note now, but I guess this is the place where I vent my fears and excitement for what the future holds. Since I'm applying to such a huge number, I assume I'll get in. But, perhaps I won't? No need to be such a pessimist here...

I'm incredibly excited to possibly move to Portland, DC, NYC, the twin cities (St. Paul) or San Francisco. If I remain in North Carolina, my band can stay together (woo hoo!). The band is obviously rooting heavily for this choice. I gotta say, no matter what, I do love living in North Carolina. I do love my life. I am bored, but not entirely unhappy at my job, and I am generally excited about the future.

The fear is a healthy reminder to appreciate what I do have, never to stop pushing myself, and will be entirely forgotten in 8 short months...

4 comments:

Frances Rae said...

I am happy to see Portland is at the top of the list ;) I do hope Lewis & Clark gets around to admitting you asap! And let me tell you that you won't have time for that band in law school anyway -- honestly. So, you might as well not let that weigh you down too much. I know you might say that you are going to have balance and that you will still have a life and play music and all this ... BUT law school is a consuming endeavor and it takes all your time in order to do well. Sooooo, FEAR THAT!! Have no fear that you won't be accepted, for you will. Fear that the life as you know is quickly coming to a close... Ooooh Wah Hah Hah Hah Hah! :)

Frances Rae said...

And keep blogging while you are at it ;)

Frances Rae said...

I believe a new blog post is in order, here.

All Fired Up and Fancy said...

Yep, I am going to UNC. Staying in the Triangle, playing in my band.