Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rain on the rooftop

There's nothing like a little turbulance in your life countered with a moment that just makes you stop. Stop stressing. Stop thinking. Start listening.

I've been frantically trying to plan and prepare for my trip to Mexico the day after tomorrow. I've been keeping my social life up to date, prioritizing visits with loved ones and melding into the local music scene. But tonight I came home, exhausted and it started raining the minute I climbed into my loft. I have a lofted sleeping area where it feels like your in a barn. There literally is hay inside the adobe walls! I just love the sound of soft rain on the rooftop. I'm so close to it. I can hear the wind and rain coming in waves of dull percussion. The best of the best lullaby. I only wish my the man were here to lay in silence with me while the symphony entertained.

I'll be in Mexico for the next week and a half or so! I'm scared, nervous and dreading the horror I've heard the subway is for females. But all that turbulance in my head is minimal now. Not while its raining.

No comments: