Friday, May 16, 2008

Forced Sedentary Lifestyle

Geez. It was Bike to Work week this week. And my tuckus did not leave the comfort of my four door sedan once. Not that I was particularly comfortable, because I got a huge tattoo on my upper thigh on Sunday. My fab artist told me not to exercise. And the sheer discomfort of having a large sun-burn-like wound made some movement unfeasible. Nonetheless, I'm a damn active person, I bike to work all the time. I bike to the bar. I bike to get groceries. I bike bike bike. And I've been trying to shed a bit of winter weight I gained over the past few months, so I've been hitting the gym quite a bit as well. So a forced hiatus was not particularly in my cards. I compensated by drinking.

But there were a few good things to the week.

1. I hung with my male companion. Who knew cannibalistic tattoos would make men go wild?
2. I got poison ivy.... dang it, which list is this again? (see above described compensatory action)
3. I slept a lot.
4. I read more about the pressure for gals like me to be effortlessly perfect and thin....which I had been reading at the gym. The title, "perfect girls, starving daughters" is a bit ironic considering I was obsessing over my body while reading...
5. For a minute, I stopped focusing on my body and focused more on my patterns of eating and general shape, which is quite toned. Why do I still think there is more progress to be made? This damn book on being effortlessly perfect is so true. I wish enough was enough.
6. I secured a new apartment. Good things are happening.

No comments: